Trials, Mediation and Arbitration
Our lawyers regularly attend court proceedings in various Texas counties at every level of state court (including appeals). Most of our cases are in Montgomery County (The Woodlands and Conroe) and Harris County (Houston), but we regularly take cases in different places around the state. We have extensive trial experience in a variety of civil litigation, mediation and arbitration matters and would be happy to consult with you about your litigation needs. Some of our experience includes:
- Representing business clients in significant legal disputes including breach of contract cases, construction/renovation problems, real estate issues, partnership disputes covenant not to compete litigation, premises liability suits, property damage cases, personal injury actions, contribution and indemnity claims and a variety of other commercial litigation.
- Advising corporate clients regarding contract drafting, insurance and indemnification matters.
Probate and Fiduciary Litigation
- Litigating every kind of probate, will and trust lawsuit, including: breach of fiduciary duty, will contests, undue influence, lack of testamentary capacity, will forgery, validity of wills or codicils, interpretation of wills and beneficiary designations, issues with pre-marital agreements, improper investments, conflicts of interest, interpretation of charitable bequests, heirship determinations and many other types of will, trust and intestacy disputes. We also handle alternative dispute resolution (like mediation, arbitration and family settlement agreements) related to probate, will and trust matters.
- Representing clients involved in multimillion dollar will, trust, estate, common law marriage and community/separate property lawsuits.
- Helping beneficiaries and trustees to reform or modify trusts.
- Representing and opposing fiduciaries in declaratory actions, removal actions and breach of fiduciary duty suits.
- Representing estates that include businesses.
Builder and Developer Litigation
- Representing builders and buyers in breach of contract disputes, home defects and misrepresentation/fraud cases in both litigation and arbitration.
- Representing major land developers in a variety of disputes relative to development activities in both litigation and arbitration.
- Advising builders and developers regarding contractual and insurance matters.
- Representing major land developers in deed restriction litigation, easement disputes, negotiations and dealings with HOAs.
Real Estate Litigation
- Representing clients in real estate law suits, including interpretation of deeds; breach of sale/purchase agreements; premises liability; adverse possession; foreclosure; establishment or abandonment of easements; drainage, water and riparian rights; nuisance; trespass; determining legal rights; clearing clouded title and liens; boundary disputes; condemnation/eminent domain; trespass to try title and other issues.
- We can assist with tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service. The work can range from simple advice, counsel and informal negotiations with representatives of the IRS, to formal adversarial proceedings through the appeals process, to Tax, Federal Appeals Courts and when warranted, the Supreme Court.